"I was able to get the best possible rate on both home and auto insurance"
water, water everywhere
Standard homeowners insurance does not protect from flooding, so it is crucial to have protection from the floods related with hurricanes, tropical storms, heavy rains and other conditions.
In 1968, Congress created the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) to help provide a means for property owners to financially protect themselves. The NFIP offers flood insurance to homeowners, renters, and business owners if their community participates in the NFIP. Participating communities agree to adopt and enforce ordinances that meet or exceed FEMA requirements to reduce the risk of flooding. Find out more about the NFIP and how it can help you protect yourself.
Learn about FEMA today.
Let Garden Insurance Agency, Inc. help you find coverage options that protect you, your family, and your personal property. Call or text us at 978-473-3363 and let us help to make sure you’re properly covered.
Have any questions?
Check our FAQ
FLOOD insurance Explained
Chances are, you'll find the answer in our FAQs. Here are some of the more common questions we get asked:
Flood insurance protects two types of insurable property: building and contents. The first covers your building, the latter covers your possessions; neither covers the land they occupy.
Building coverage includes:
- The insured building and its foundation
- The electrical and plumbing system
- Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
- Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
Contents coverage includes:
- Clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
- Portable and window air conditioners
- Portable microwaves and dishwashers
- Carpeting that is not already included in property coverage
- Clothing, washers, and dryers
Though the government determines flood insurance coverage and premiums, you can still purchase your flood policy through our agency. Flood insurance gives you access to critical advantages, like:
1. 24/7 nationwide claims support and assistance
2. A dedicated agent who can help you understand your flood coverage
3. Assistance finding discounts to help you maximize your savings
The NFIP’s Dwelling Form offers coverage for:
- Building Property, up to $250,000, and
- Personal Property (Contents), up to $100,000.
The NFIP encourages people to purchase both types of coverage.